Currently, more than 360,000 entities have been assigned an LEI. Over 25,000 of those have been newly assigned since our last review in March 2015. Alacra’s current analysis indicates that, while the number of registered entities has increased, quality and utility issues within the database have increased as well. At this point, over 70,000 of the LEI registrations have now lapsed, representing almost 20% of the total LEI universe. The Tokyo-based LOU continues to register entities in Japanese, which may be appropriate, but makes it difficult for many firms to consume the data as their systems do not recognize Japanese characters. Most importantly, there is still not enough regulatory pressure to ensure comprehensive coverage of the “relevant” entities, so the LEI universe remains an eclectic set of entities….Download Inside the LEI – VI here.
Subscribe to Alacra Blog
- Inside the LEI – Issue IX May 3, 2016
- Alacra Talks Optimizing KYC at DMS in London May 3, 2016
- Inside the LEI – Issue VIII January 27, 2016
- Top 4 Reasons to Have a Consistent Client Onboarding Process December 4, 2015
- Alacra Completes Acquisition by Opus Global October 21, 2015