Explore the Alacra Universe
The Alacra Authority File (AAF) is the most comprehensive source of legal entity reference data for your most common customers and counterparties. The AAF is a set of global legal entities, each of which meets one or more of these three criteria:
- The entity has a security listed on a global exchange, or
- The entity is rated by either Moody’s, S&P, Fitch or A.M. Best, or
- The entity is regulated by one of the G-20 and European Union banking regulators
As an enhancement to the AAF file, Alacra also provides information on other important industry identifiers that do not otherwise meet the criteria for inclusion in the AAF (i.e. they are not otherwise rated, regulated or listed). This file is called the Alacra Authority Plus File (AAF+). Currently these include the:
- LEI: Legal Entity identifiers issued by LOUs (Local Operating Units) under the auspices of the Global LEI Foundation (GLEIF).
- FATCA GIIN: The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act Global Intermediary Identification Number issued by the US IRS.
The AAF+ can also provide cross-reference links to any third-party content provider with whom you have a current data license. For example, it is possible to have the Moody’s, S&P, and Fitch issuer IDs and ratings included in your version of the AAF+ if you are a verified subscriber to those databases. Similarly, the BIC (Bank Identifier Code) issued by SWIFT, can be provided if a valid license is in place.
You can use the interactive charts below to explore the Alacra universe.